If you’re passionate about the type and quality of education that children in your community are receiving, then you should run for school board!
We believe that many people who could help restore our schools don’t know enough to even start to take action. This page is intended to provide those future leaders with a wide variety of information that can help them make a difference.
All we ask is that visitors to this page help us by letting us know what is helpful and what could be added to increase the value of this page.
Illinois State Board of Elections
- 2023 Candidate Guide - Candidate Checklist (.pdf download, 1 page)
- Who Must File Campaign Disclosure Reports? (.pdf download, 1 page)
- 2023 Candidate Guide - Board of Education Member (.pdf download, 2 pages)
- 2023 Candidate Guide - Complete (.pdf download, 66 pages)
- 2023 Election and Campaign Finance Calendar (.pdf download, 50 pages)
- Nomination Petition - At-Large Member - Form P-7 (.pdf download, 1 page)
- Statement of Candidacy - Non-Partisan - Form P-1A (.pdf download, 1 page)
- Loyalty Oath - Form P-1C (.pdf download, 1 page)
- Statement of Economic Interest - Tazewell County Clerk's Form (.pdf download, 2 pages, Legal Paper Size)
- School Board Petition Packet - Tazewell County Clerk's Candidate Aid (.pdf download, 14 pages, 2 pages are Legal Paper Size)
- School Board Petition Packet - Student-First Principles Coalition Candidate Aid (.pdf download, 26 pages, 2 pages are Legal Paper Size)
- School Board Statutes - 105 ILCS 5 ARTICLE 10. SCHOOL BOARDS (website)
- School Board Statutes - Illinois School Board Statutes (.pdf download, 190 pages)
Materials for Candidates to Consider
- 1776 Project PAC - It is up to us to fight CRT in every school board election where this theory is tolerated, promoted, and forced upon America’s children.
- A School Board's Purpose (.pdf download, 1 page) - A view, ours, of what the general pubic might see when a school district is living up to expectations. These thoughts can also be used to analyze school board action.
Family Research Council Education Resources and Family Research Council Action
- A Concerned Citizen's Guide to Engaging with Public Schools (.pdf Download, 24 pages)
- School Board Boot Camp - (webinar, 2 hrs)
- Moms for Liberty - Moms for Liberty is dedicated to fighting for the survival of America by unifying, educating and empowering parents to defend their parental rights at all levels of government.
- Noah Webster Educational Foundation - Reclaiming America's education starts with you!
- Online Training at the Leadership Institute - Campaign Management 101, a webinar for liberty-minded candidates is offered on-line. Check the site for dates
Relevant Internet Resources
- 10 Questions a Parent Should Ask - A suggestion by the organization Courage is a Habit of a conversation parents should have with their school.
- Critical Race Theory - New Discources - Social Justice Usage - Source: Delgado, Richard. Critical Race Theory, Third Edition. NYU Press. Kindle Edition, p. 3.
- From Australia, Students First, The Coalition's Policy for Schools (.pdf download, 22 pages) - a political party's position on how to fix "Since 2007, education outcomes in Australian schools have gone backward."
- K-12 Education Report Card - A Hillsdale College Survey / Fundraiser that is part of their national campaign to take back America's School.
- Teaching American History - History based upon the documents at the time history was made? Teaching American History is a free resource that brings together primary documents, continuing education, and community for American history teachers.
- Wall Street Journal -The Parental School-Board Revolt Continues
Tazewell County School Districts
|Creve Coeur Grade School District 76||http://www.cc76.org||Illinois Education Association|
|Deer Creek Mackinaw CUSD 701||https://www.deemack.org||Illinois Education Association|
|Delavan CUSD 703||https://www.delavanschools.com||Illinois Education Association|
|East Peoria Community H S Dist 309||https://www.ep309.org||Illinois Education Association|
|East Peoria Grade School District 86||https://www.epd86.org||Illinois Education Association|
|Eureka CUSD 140||https://www.district140.org||Illinois Education Association|
|Illini Central CUSD 189||https://www.illinicentral.org||Illinois Education Association|
|Midwest Central CUSD 191||https://www.midwestcentral.org||Illinois Education Association|
|Morton Unit School District 709||https://www.morton709.org||Illinois Education Association|
|N Pekin & Marq Hght Grade S D 102||https://www.dist102.org||Illinois Federation of Teachers|
|Olympia CUSD 16||https://www.olympia.org||Illinois Education Association|
|Pekin Community H S Dist 303||https://www.pekinhigh.net||Illinois Education Association|
|Pekin Public Grade School Dist 108||https://www.pekin.net||Illinois Education Association|
|Rankin Community Grade School Dist 98||https://www.rankin98.org||Illinois Federation of Teachers|
|Robein Grade School District 85||http://www.robein.org||Illinois Federation of Teachers|
|South Pekin Grade School Dist 137||https://www.spgs.net||Illinois Federation of Teachers|
|Spring Lake CC Grade School Distric t 606||https://www.springlake606.org||No Union|
|Tremont Comm Unit Dist 702||https://www.tremont702.net||No Union|
|Washington Central 51||https://www.central51.net||Illinois Education Association|
|Washington Community H S Dist 308||https://www.wacohi.net||Illinois Education Association|
|Washington District 50 Grade Schools||https://www.d50schools.com||Illinois Federation of Teachers|
|Washington Grade School District 52||https://www.d52schools.com||Illinois Education Association|
Showing 2 reactions